Login and set up Unmetered Residential Proxies
Step 1 - Check your current IP Address
Open your preferred browser and go to IPInfo https://ipinfo.io
Take note of your current IP address (to use as a point of reference)
Quick reference: IPInfo will give you all the information you need about the IP address you are connected to (service provider, DNS, country etc).
Step 2 - Login to your member dashboard and navigate to your active product
Login to your member dashboard with your ProxyRack account username and password
Click on your Active Products and (in this instance) select Unmetered Residential to take you through to the product dashboard
Unmetered (Megaproxy) dashboard here
This is where you will find your Username and your Password for authentication (this is different to the login username and password - see below). You will need these details to get started.
Continue to scroll down the page you will then come to your Proxies
Depending on what you are needing your proxies for will depend on where to from here.
Understanding your Product Dashboard
Your product dashboard will allow you too see your current thread limit for your subscription.
For example the Unmetered Residential dashboard highlights threads (simultaneous connections) in use versus what your subscription allows you to use (eg 100).
Step 3 - Set up your Proxies
How to Configure Popular web browsers with your proxy information
For Mozilla Firefox:
To configure Mozilla Firefox with proxy information, follow these steps:
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- Navigate to Menu and click on Options.
- Scroll down and click on Network Settings.
- Tick the Manual Proxy checkbox
- Enter your proxy server information (IP Address and Port Number - copied either from your Random or Sticky ports discussed above.
- Then, tick “Use this proxy server for FTP and HTTPS" box.
- Repeat for SOCKS
*Note - Please refer to article Random Vs Sticky ports for more information these options
For Microsoft Edge:
To configure Microsoft Edge with your proxy information, apply these steps:
- Launch Microsoft Edge
- Click on the More button (three dots) located at the top-right corner of the window.
- Then, click on Settings and then scroll down to the View Advanced settings.
- Now, scroll to the Proxy Set-up section and then Open proxy settings.
- In the new window, navigate to the Manual proxy setup.
- Toggle “Use a proxy server” menu.
- Then, Enter your Proxy information (IP Address and Port Number).
- Click on Save afterward.
For Google Chrome:
To configure Google Chrome with your proxy information you will currently need a chrome extension as Chrome does not have an in-built proxy support.
We believe that Proxy SwitchyOmega should work for this (but we would recommend using a different browser as there is a risk in using a third party application)
Step 4 - Check your proxies are connected
To check your proxies are working open a new browser and go to IPInfo again https://ipinfo.io
If the network is connected you will see a new IP address replacing your personal address you saw before.